Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Fun with Great Grandpa Wheeler






Ashlie loves her great grandpa for so many reasons. He teases her relentlessly, and she teases back, they play hide and seek together, he shares his ice cream with her, he teaches her about gardening, and most of all, he loves her right back. Ever since Ash was a little baby (well, little by Ashlie standards) Grandpa has just loved her so much. He has always said what a sweet, good girl she is, after he calls her a mean little sucker! But their relationship is so sweet, and I am so thankful that he is in her life. As I am so thankful that I have had him in my life, giving me guidance, advice, and a good amount of teasing. He still teases me, and I'm 30 years old. Moving to Utah was the end of the world when I was 15, but I now would not trade it for the world because it has provided me the opportunity to develop a very special bond with my Grandpa! So everyone, give your Grandpas a big hug, and feel blessed that they are in your life.


Love to all!


1 comment:

CAT said...

Didn't have time to comment the other day...but you are right Grandpa W is sooo great w/ the kids..
Always a teaser, I remember when we were kids it was the same way. I agree it is a blessing to have them so close & be able to have our families share & learn so much. Love the "little, by Ashlie standards" terminology. Great seeing you!
love ya CAT